Visual Interdev 6.0 with PWS

Thread: Visual Interdev 6.0 with PWS

Andy K Guest

Default Visual Interdev 6.0 with PWS

I can&#039t create a new project in Visual Interdev because the Web Project Wizard doesn&#039t recognise the server name "oemcomputer" - comes back with "Unable to contact web server http://oemcomputer" - yet my browser can find that page fine. I&#039ve tried reinstalling PWS and Visual Interdev but no joy...<BR><BR>Help!!

Tobey Unruh Guest

Default RE: Visual Interdev 6.0 with PWS

I had a similar issue when my computer got renamed to something different and the PWS still thought it was the old one.<BR><BR>Might check out TechNet (, I do recall seeing some article on it.<BR><BR>Hope it helps,<BR>Tobey

Keith Myles Guest

yep seen the same problem on iis as well ..sometimes (Depending on ur network architecture)your workstation may not be able to resolve the host name on the network in tcp/ip<BR>eg you can see the host fine under "microsoft networking"..and can map a share to the host ..but can&#039t connect to the host via tcp/ip (tcp/ip and microsoft have a different spin on things) <BR>why not try connecting via ip address in visual studio 6 ...<BR>eg ..substitute the ip address of the web server in the dialog box in vs6.0 and see if u can connect ...good luck !!<BR><BR>

Renee G Guest

I&#039m no expert on this but I just ran across some info tonight about installing PWS that might be of use:<BR><BR>1) in windows directory rename host.sam to host<BR>2) open host in notepad, and at the bottom there is an ip address (something like 101.0.0.) and a name. Change the name to the name of your computer.<BR><BR>There were a few other steps in order to install but I think the host file is the problem? P.S. these were instructions for running PWS on a system that is not connected to a network.