Converting Databases

Thread: Converting Databases

Default Converting Databases

Is there anything that I need to do to my webpages if I convert my database over from 97 to 2000? I had to reinstall my OS and the IT dept. wanted to install 2000, so now I have Access 2000 instead of 97 and so now when I try to pull up the Intranet, the first page (intro5.asp) will not load. I get the Script debugger with the arrow pointing to the dns=users line. So since this was a new install of 2000, I had to create a new System DSN, etc. So does that also mean that I need to go into my .asp pages and create a new connection?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Below is my asp code for that page:<BR>&#060;%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%&#062;<BR>&#0 60;% Set RandomAD = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.AdRotator")%&#062; <BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Dim rsLogin__strPassword<BR>rsLogin__strPassword = "123"<BR>if(Request.Form("Password") &#060;&#062; "") then rsLogin__strPassword = Request.Form("Password")<BR><BR>%&#062; &#060;%<BR>set rsLogin = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsLogin. ActiveConnection = "dsn=users;"<BR>rsLogin.Source = "SELECT * FROM Employees WHERE uMembername1=&#039;struMembername1&#039; AND Password=&#039;" + Replace(rsLogin__strPassword, "&#039;", "&#039;&#039;") + "&#039;"<BR>rsLogin.CursorType = 0<BR>rsLogin.CursorLocation = 2<BR>rsLogin.LockType = 3<BR>rsLogin.Open<BR>rsLogin_numRows = 0<BR> %&#062; <BR>&#060;%<BR>If rsLogin__struMembername1 &#060;&#062; "xyz" then<BR>If rsLogin__struMembername2 &#060;&#062; "xyz" then<BR> If Not rsLogin.EOF Then<BR> Session("uMembername1")=(rsLogin.Fields.Item("uMem bername1").Value)<BR> Session("Password")=(rsLogin.Fields.Item("Password ").Value)<BR> Response.Redirect "/1.24.02/index.htm"<BR> Else<BR> Response.Redirect "login6.asp"<BR> End If<BR>End If<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;

Default Provided your dsn name is the same as

it was previously you shouldn&#039;t have an issue. You could use a connection string instead of a dsn but then you would need to change your code. However if you reloaded you wouldn&#039;t have this issue again.<BR><BR>