Refresh text

Thread: Refresh text

Default Refresh text

Hi,<BR><BR>I have an asp page where I want to have a small portion of my text (eg: date and time) refresh periodically while the user is on my page. I know we can do it using javascript and forms, but for that I have to display the text inside an input box. My question is, can I display that text and have it refresh without using a form?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Kaustubh :)<BR>

Default RE: Refresh text

I believe you can use a meta-tag to determine the number of seconds you wait until it refreshes a page<BR><BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;HEAD&#062;<B R>&#060;META Http-equiv="refresh" Content="3; Url="&#062;<BR>&#060;/HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY&#062; <BR>This page will be hit again<BR>&#060;/BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;/HTML&#062;<BR><BR>Basically this page will refresh itself after 3 seconds, for the url just put the same url as the page you are currently on so it refreshes itself. If you have form variables that you need to pass, it is a bit more complicated. You can either do it by passing the variables through the URL string in the meta tag so just switch the URL to something like this:<BR>&#060;META .. Url="&#062;<BR>You could have the asp write the contents of the URL to make it dynamic or you can skip the URL string all together and use Session variables..I don&#039t recommend using Session variables!!!<BR><BR>Hope that helps