Cursor operation conflict

Thread: Cursor operation conflict

Default Cursor operation conflict

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cursor operation conflict<BR>line 130<BR><BR>I got this error on my page. It worked with access but now it does not with SQL Server 7. <BR><BR>Here is the code:<BR><BR>Set objRS2 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") <BR>SQL = "Select PrintingProcess FROM q_PaperCheckEmpInfo WHERE (Route IS NULL OR Account IS NULL) AND Created = 0 AND Deactivated = 0"<BR>objRS2.Open SQL, objConn, adOpenStatic, adLockPessimistic <BR><BR>While objRS2.EOF = False<BR>objRS2("PrintingProcess").value = 1<BR>objRS2.Update &#039;This is line 30<BR>objRS2.MoveNext<BR>Wend<BR><BR>&#039;Close the RECORDSET Object<BR>objRS2.Close <BR>&#039;Delete the RECORDSET Object<BR>Set objRS2 = Nothing<BR><BR><BR>Any Help

Default RE: Cursor operation conflict

I really don&#039;t know the cause of the error but I must say that your method of updating is not good. Use an update statement and throw out any recordsets.<BR><BR>SQL = "update q_PaperCheckEmpInfo Set PrintingProcess = 1 WHERE (Route IS NULL OR Account IS NULL) AND Created = 0 AND Deactivated = 0"<BR>objConn.execute sql,,128