simple question

Thread: simple question

Default simple question

Hi all<BR><BR>i have this problem...i have a page with frames, and i shows a login screen, when you login it goes through a verification page and then if the password matches it will be redirected to the new page. Now, by doing this i kinda want to break out of the frames and i understand you need to use _parent. But i am not sure how it works with the following asp code. <BR><BR>Here is the code where i redirect to the proper page:<BR> &#039;If the session variable is OK then <BR> if session("OK")="YES" then<BR> if rsobj("Category")="Member" then<BR> response.redirect "Memberindex.asp"<BR> elseif rsobj("Category")="JobSeeker" then<BR> response.redirect "JobSeekerframes.html" <BR> end if<BR> else<BR> response.Redirect "deny.asp"<BR> end if

Default Actuall, not really simple at all...

but the solution that I found was the put the following code at the top of the page that I KNEW I wanted outside the frames:<BR><BR>
    <BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR>if(top.document != this.document)<BR>{<BR>top.document.location.href = this.document.location.href;<BR>}<BR>//--&#062; <BR>&#060;/script&#062; <BR><BR>
    <BR><BR>This will guarrantee that the following page is at the least that&#039;s what it does to me. I don&#039;t really understand what&#039;s happening with it, just that it works.<BR>

Default Also one in the ASPFAQs...<BR><BR>