Database doesn't respond for 2-3 minutes

Thread: Database doesn't respond for 2-3 minutes

sprajtak Guest

Default Database doesn't respond for 2-3 minutes

Hello, <BR>I have a problem with database. If I select some records from the database (with SQL query), they are correctly displayed. But when I want to select it again (e.g reload the page or with different parameters) it starts to show me error "Unspecifed error". But if I do reload it in 2-3 minutes, it starts to work fine again. (but only for one time-then it locks up again for 2-3 minutes)<BR>I am using simple SQL query (look at the bottom of the letter), MS Access database, Win NT. It is probably somewhere in the setings of the server, because i use the same code on differerent server with no problem. But i am not server administrator and our admin also doesn&#039t know too much about setting up server for ASP and ADO. Could anyone help me and tell me where to look , what to check for etc...<BR>thank you and have a nice day<BR>sprajtak<BR><BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#0 60;head&#062;<BR>&#060;title&#062;New Page 1&#060;/title&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>D im objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "DSN=mhermet" <BR>objConn.Open <BR><BR>Dim objRS<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>Dim strSQL<BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblElement" <BR>objRS.Open strSQL, objConn <BR><BR>&#039Loop until we&#039ve hit the EOF (end of file)<BR>Do Until objRS.EOF = True<BR> <BR> Response.Write "Sensor = " & objRS("sensor")<BR> Response.Write "<BR>Port type = " & objRS("porttype")<BR> Response.write "<BR>O-ring = " & objRS ("oring")<BR> Response.Write "&#060;P&#062;&#060;HR&#062;&#060;P&#062;"<BR><BR> &#039Move to the next record (important!!)<BR>objRS.MoveNext<BR>Loop <BR><BR>&#039Close the Recordset object<BR>objRS.Close<BR><BR>&#039Delete the Recordset Object<BR>Set objRS = Nothing<BR><BR>&#039Close the Connection object<BR>objConn.Close<BR><BR>&#039Delete the Connection Object<BR>Set objConn = Nothing <BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;

Scott S Guest

Default RE: Database doesn't respond for 2-3 minutes

Is it a large database? how many records? i have had access databases lock up on me before. I was recursively querying it to create a messageboard. the solution i found was to upgrade to SQL Server & use stored procedures. are there a lot of users on the database? access cant handle a lot of concurrent users. <BR>