ASP.NET VB Session Variables

Thread: ASP.NET VB Session Variables

Default ASP.NET VB Session Variables

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a tricky problem.<BR><BR>I have a page whick contains a form which transfers a userid and password <BR>to the server.<BR><BR>It looks something like this:<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&#060;FORM id="loginform" runat="server"&#062;<BR>&#060;ASP:TextBox ID="strNickname" MaxLength="30" Columns="12" RunAt="server" /&#062;<BR>&#060;ASP:TextBox ID="strPassword" MaxLength="30" Columns="12" <BR>TextMode="Password" RunAt="server" /&#062;<BR>&#060;ASP:ImageButton ImageUrl="images/icon/icon_go_sidebar.gif" RunAt="server" <BR>BorderWidth="0" onClick="LoginButton_Click" /&#062;<BR>&#060;ASP:TextBox ID="action" Text="login" Visible="false" RunAt="server" /&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR><BR>The sub LoginButton_Click sets some Session-Variables.<BR><BR>No comes the strange part. After the page comes back from the submit, the <BR>session variables are not available. I enabled a trace and can see the <BR>variable and the correctly assigned value there. When I submit the page a <BR>second time, the session variable is available.<BR><BR>I run this page with code behind.<BR><BR>Any hint welcome.<BR><BR>TIA<BR>Thomas<BR><BR>

Default One thought

I once had a similar problem until I realized I had been playing around with turning off the seesion in the page header. Just a thought.