help with Recordset Absoluteposition property

Thread: help with Recordset Absoluteposition property

Default help with Recordset Absoluteposition property

Hi,<BR>I am doing a paged search and using this as part of the code.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request.QueryString("page") = "" Then<BR> iPageCurrent = 1<BR>Else<BR> iPageCurrent = CInt(Request.QueryString("page"))<BR>End If<BR><BR>rstSearch.AbsolutePage = iPageCurrent<BR>Do While Not rstSearch.EOF And rstSearch.AbsolutePage = iPageCurrent<BR>%&#062;<BR> <BR>&#060;tr&#062;<BR> &#060;td&#062;&#060;%= rstSearch.Fields("Collegename").Value %&#060;/td&#062; <BR>&#060;/tr&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> rstSearch.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>For some reason the value of rstSearch.AbsolutePage is fixed at -1.<BR>I checked for the values of AbsolutePage values and found that -1 indicates that the Recordset is empty, the current position is unknown, or the provider does not support the AbsolutePage or AbsolutePosition property.<BR><BR>I am getting to display the results if I use <BR><BR>rstSearch.AbsolutePage &#060;&#062; iPageCurrent<BR><BR>but all the records are displayed instead of the number of records I have specified.<BR><BR>Any help will be appreciated.<BR>PKS.<BR>

Default Check HOW you open the recordset.

Some the methods allow only forward movement, instead of forward and backward. If you are using a forward only recordset, then its possible that the AbsolutePosition won&#039;t work.<BR><BR>HTH