ASP Form Submitting

Thread: ASP Form Submitting

Default ASP Form Submitting

I have already posted this to a couple of newsgroups with no avail. Hopefully someone knows of a way to do what I am asking.<BR>I want to have an asp page submit itself via a form to another page. I do not wish to the querystring method, I need to use a form.<BR>basically here is what i would like to do:<BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#0 60;form method = "post" action = "differentpage.asp" name = form1&#062;<BR>&#060;input type = hidden value = "hidden field" name = hidden1&#062;<BR>&#060;input type = submit value = "submit here" name = submit1&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>now i would like the asp page to automatically have the field submit1 auto click itself to submit itself to another page.<BR>I know that this can be done with vbscript and javascript, however, I am looking for a way to do this with only asp and not using the querystring method to send the results.<BR>If you know of a way please let me know.<BR>Thanks

Default RE: ASP Form Submitting

Just a question: Why can&#039t you use QueryString?

Steve Marlowe Guest

Default RE: ASP Form Submitting

I know you said you dont want to use javascript, but maybe im understanding your question wrong. you have a form that will be loaded on the client with the correct values that you would like to submit. so there is no user intervention required. then you would like to submit these values using post? is that correct?<BR><BR>my first question would be where do the form values come from that are being posted? secondly, if you want an auto submit without any user intervention what is wrong with using the body onLoad event to call the form.submit() in javascript? <BR><BR>maybe with more information we could better understand what you want to do and give you a solution that meets your needs.<BR><BR>steve