Using Global.asa with pages with .html extensions

Thread: Using Global.asa with pages with .html extensions

Default Using Global.asa with pages with .html extensions

I am working on a project where I would like to use the global.asa file&#039;s session_onstart events in conjunction with pages in a web site that all have .html extensions. Is it possible to do this, or is it that the only way to get these global.asa events to execute is to load a page on the site with a .asp extension?<BR><BR>I have been trying so far on my own, and I can get it to work fine when I load a .asp page, but I can&#039;t get the global.asa to fire when I load a .html page.<BR><BR>I need to do this because I am working on a very old site where the owners do not want to rename their pages to .asp extensions, because they fear losing the search engine positioning they have with their .html pages.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Ben Peskoe

Default Well if you have access to the box

you could just set it up so all pages on that site are treaded as asp. On the machine go into IIS Services panel right click on the site in question and select properties. Click the home directory tab then click the configuration button. View the properties for extension .asp and then use those same settings to make a new entry for html and htm and you should be all set. Other than this I know of no other way other than using asp pages.