ASP Form Submitting

Thread: ASP Form Submitting

Default ASP Form Submitting

I have already posted this to a couple of newsgroups with no avail. Hopefully someone knows of a way to do what I am asking.<BR>I want to have an asp page submit itself via a form to another page. I do not wish to the querystring method, I need to use a form.<BR>basically here is what i would like to do:<BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#0 60;form method = "post" action = "differentpage.asp" name = form1&#062;<BR>&#060;input type = hidden value = "hidden field" name = hidden1&#062;<BR>&#060;input type = submit value = "submit here" name = submit1&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR>now i would like the asp page to automatically have the field submit1 auto click itself to submit itself to another page.<BR>I know that this can be done with vbscript and javascript, however, I am looking for a way to do this with only asp and not using the querystring method to send the results.<BR>If you know of a way please let me know.<BR>Thanks

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: ASP Form Submitting

There is no way other than using a scripting language, or using the META Refresh and submiting the form via a query string. If you want the javascript code let me know.<BR><BR>Nathan

adxabuan Guest

Default RE: ASP Form Submitting

you may insert this script after the form tag.<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>form1.submit() <BR>&#060;/script&#062;