Keep PWS 4 From Dialing my ISP - *Please* help

Thread: Keep PWS 4 From Dialing my ISP - *Please* help

Default Keep PWS 4 From Dialing my ISP - *Please* help

I just installed the PWS 4, the one available via Visual Interdev 6 or Windows Option Pack 4. Now, everytime I start Windows, it dials my ISP, even if the PWS is not running. After reading the help, I found this can be fixed by changing the TCP/IP protocol settings to localhost BUT anytime I wanted to dial my ISP, I would have to change the settings back and reboot the computer.<BR>I know others have experienced this problem - has anyone found a solution? I don&#039t think rebooting my PC everytime I want to dial my ISP is a sane option.

Kevin Werner Guest

Default RE: Keep PWS 4 From Dialing my ISP - *Please* help

Please refer to the following URL from Microsoft:<BR><BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q175/3/12.asp<BR><BR>You will want to refer to the information on MSDTC. However, I don&#039t remember fixing the problem in the way they describe. Instead, I had to edit the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentV ersionRun and delete the reference to MSDTC.<BR><BR>I hope this helps!

Default RE: Keep PWS 4 From Dialing my ISP - *Please* help

Kevin-<BR>Thank you!<BR>This has been driving me nuts for almost a week. I ended up changing one of the reg keys from that page to "No". I owe you a beer.<BR>Leo