ADODB.Connection errors re:ADO

Thread: ADODB.Connection errors re:ADO

Default ADODB.Connection errors re:ADO

After uploading my web to the internet, I get this error when I try to acces my database:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified <BR>/Student Resources/Validate.asp, line 16 <BR><BR>I&#039ve also gotten the following error when trying to access it and I include Provider=MSDASQL.1; in my connection string:<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR>/Student Resources/Validate.asp, line 16 <BR><BR><BR>My connection string is as follows:<BR>"Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Driver={Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver};UID=;SourceDB=" &server.mapPath("../Data/Student Account Data") & ";SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=Yes; Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;"";Locale Identifier=1033;<BR><BR>It works fine on my computer, but can&#039t get it to run on the PA Online server. What am I doing wrong? Or is it on their end?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help.

Default RE: ADODB.Connection errors re:ADO

Try putting the database in the cgi-bin some servers are quite picky about where databases are stored and will only let you access them if theyre in certain places - the cgi-bin is the most likely place to have permission.<BR>you should also try taking out the .. in the ("../Data/studentAccountData") part of your connection string <BR>hope you crack it!