Connectivity Problems from ASP to Oracle DB

Thread: Connectivity Problems from ASP to Oracle DB

Default Connectivity Problems from ASP to Oracle DB

I am trying to connect to Oracle DB from ASP. I have Oracle 9i server and Client installed on my system. I have tried the following things :- <BR>1) created a DSN for Oracle gave the login credentials. <BR>dsn=OracleDSN;uid=scott;pwd=tiger<BR>When I try to connect i get - <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver&#039;s SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed<BR><BR><BR>2) When I try to connect using the MS provider <BR><BR>"Provider=MSDAORA.1;Data Source=DBTest;User ID=scott;Password=tiger"<BR><BR><BR><BR>i get the following error msg:- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80004005)<BR>Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.<BR> Even though i have installed client & n/w components on my system.<BR><BR>3) I also have OO4O installed on my system and when I try to create the object <BR>Server.CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSe ssion")<BR><BR>i get Server object, ASP 0178 (0x80070005)<BR>The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.<BR><BR>I have gone thru the MSDN where it has given some steps for problem in 2 nearly 10 steps and i have gone thru all of them .. but of no use.<BR><BR>For problem 3 i have checked the dll permissions it has got read and execute and wiered thing is this DLL works when i try to create in VB but not thru ASP.<BR><BR>Does anyone have any idea like where I am missing.<BR><BR>Any help is appreaciated.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default RE: Connectivity Problems from ASP to Oracle DB

Do you have a tns names file??