Need email object help

Thread: Need email object help

Default Need email object help

I need a hand with this:<BR><BR> Dim objCDO<BR> Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> <BR> objCDO.To = "ian@getasite.net"<BR> objCDO.From = "test@yourdomain.com"<BR> &#039 objCDO.cc = "test@yourdomain.com"<BR><BR> Dim txtSubject<BR> txtSubject = "Trying to figure out why this doesn&#039t work!" <BR><BR> objCDO.Subject = "Please help"<BR> objCDO.Body = txtSubject<BR> objCDO.Send<BR><BR> <BR> Set objCDO = Nothing<BR> Response.Write "objCDO is closed..."<BR><BR>I don&#039t get any errors and I do get the final response.write comment. However, the email is never delivered. I know that my<BR>NT option pack has the SMTP .dll installed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!<BR>-Ian

Default RE: Need email object help

It may be that SMTP services is just not running<BR>Go To:<BR> Start<BR> Settings<BR> Control Panel<BR> Services<BR> MicroSoft SMTP Service<BR> If it is not running, start it. Also it should be configured to start automatically.<BR> If this is the problem, stand back, because you will get every email you have sent but never received.<BR> I have find that SMTP services just stops now and again. Since we use a lot of Forms that send emails requesting different sevices, I put a diagnostic page on our web site that sends a test message to me anytime I run it. This way I can see if SMTP is running without having to walk the 100 steps to the Web Server console.