Thread: CDONTS

Default CDONTS

Is is possible when using CDONTS to send mail, to have the &#039;email from&#039; display as your name not the email address?<BR><BR>i.e. this is an example from 4guys site, but when the email gets sent, the person who receives the emails in his &#039;From&#039; field it will show &#039;; but I want it to show &#039;Rob&#039; the same as if you had used outlook express to send the mail.<BR><BR><BR>Dim objMail <BR> Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> <BR> objMail.From = ""<BR> objMail.Subject = "How TO send email with CDONTS"<BR> objMail.To = ""<BR> objMail.Body = "This is an email message" & vbcrlf&_ <BR> "with CDONTS." & vbcrlf&_<BR> "It is really easy. " <BR> objMail.Send<BR> <BR> Response.write("Mail was Sent")<BR> <BR> &#039;You must always do this with CDONTS.<BR> set objMail = nothing<BR>

Default RE: CDONTS

A couple of minutes on Google gave me this:<BR><BR><BR> There&#039;s no "fromname" property, so I guess not.<BR><BR>You could use ASPEmail ( or JMail or something to send the emails - they&#039;re quite good and DO support you setting a "from name".<BR><BR>Craig.