Loss of data in application variable

Thread: Loss of data in application variable

Default Loss of data in application variable

I am currently creating an application level variable using the dictionary object inside my global.asa file. Now everything seems to be alright, but then suddenly after a couple of days or even several hours, the dictionary application variable looses its values, all other application varaibles are fine. Now if I merely open the global.asa file in a text editor and that is without saving or making any changes, the application dictionary varaible amazingly gets populated again. Anybody know what may be going on? What I should try? This problem is isolated to using the dictionary object within the global.asa files. I have been unable to find any documentation that details any bugs with creating an application varaible using the dictionary object. As a note, we have only noticed this problem with application varaibles that are dictionary objects.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>AC

Default CROSSPOST/REPOST...but...

http://www.aspmessageboard.com/forum/showMessage.asp?F=20&M=551958&P=1<BR><BR>But if anybody can find a better answer than what I gave, go for it.<BR><BR>I sure as heck can&#039;t stick a Scripting.Dictionary object into an app variable on my XP PRO machine that just yesterday got updated to absolutely the latest version of IIS/ASP/etc. with all patches applied.<BR><BR>