Check authorization on bookmark

Thread: Check authorization on bookmark

Sumithra Gopalan Guest

Default Check authorization on bookmark

Hi,<BR><BR>How is it possible for me to verify the userid and password if the user bookmarks a page after having gotten authorization sometime in the past? In my case, I tried to bookmark to see if it would check for authorization but when I clicked on the bookmark the whole URL appeared in the Location Box as follows:<BR><BR> <BR>Here, the "jawa" is the userid.<BR>How do I prevent a user from bookmarking and going into a page in the future and update entries without getting authorization through the login screen? BTW, in every page I only check for the userid and not the password. The userid strings through the whole webpage as a hidden variable. In every page I validate whether it is empty.<BR><BR>Given this, please advise.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>SUmithra

Default RE: Check authorization on bookmark

It appears you are passing the what in the querystring, if you quit that, then when they bookmark, it won&#039t have it.<BR><BR>You could also set a Session variable, when they login, and then start checking for this. If it will become a very large scale app, with multiple web servers, I would not do this.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry