Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

Thread: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

Default Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005

Hi All,<BR><BR>Ive had this problem Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; /engine.asp, line 10 which is <BR>dbConnect.Open cstring<BR>with my web application for a few months now, this error is generated on the site, probably once or twice a day, or when ever there seems to be a few people on the site. (Around 5 - 10 users)<BR>We are getting about 400 visits a day, the site is running an access DB (700kb). The main page of the site has 4 queries (all queries are include files) eg. &#060;!--#include virtual="/myquery.asp" --&#062; I do how ever have one quries that is included in a file, which is then included in another file, should it matter?<BR>I am opening a connection to the database once at the top of the page via a sub routine, then have my queries then closing the database with a subroutine after all the queries have been ran.<BR><BR>What else can I do to optimise this, prehapos have 2 databases 1 for the popular information on the front and 1 from the rest of the information on the site?<BR><BR>I probably have committed 1 bad sin in that I have saved all my pages on the site .asp, even on some of the onces where no server code is required, the site does have about 1000 pages, probably 50 of these run .asp code in them, if I converted those pages that didnt run asp to html, will there be a increase stability prehaps? Can someone tell me how the .asp processor is linked into the .jet engine if it is (on the server)?<BR><BR>What else can I do!?<BR>Any help would be great.<BR><BR>engine.asp<BR>dim dbConnect<BR><BR>sub dbOpen()<BR> set dbConnect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> cstring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/database/vka.mdb")<BR><BR>&#062;&#062;&#062;Line 10&#062;&#062;&#062; dbConnect.Open cstring<BR>end sub<BR><BR>sub dbClose()<BR> dbConnect.Close<BR> set dbConnect = nothing<BR>end sub

Default Very light load...

...on your system, so don&#039;t worry about the HTML-pages-saved-as-ASP stuff.<BR><BR>What is the *FULL* error message you get when that happens?<BR><BR>And have you considered a really ugly trick?<BR><BR>Trap the error. If it occurs, output to the browser a message that says "Please wait" and then, 5 seconds later, resubmits the request. That way if it really is two users hitting at exactly the same time you give it a chance to recover?<BR><BR>