view in browser problem with asp page & visual interdev

Thread: view in browser problem with asp page & visual interdev

Judy Lenart Guest

Default view in browser problem with asp page & visual interdev

I&#039m very new to asp - one day developing! I am running on my PC with Personal Web Server using Visual Interdev. When I create a HTML page and view it in the browser - it runs fine. When I create an ASP page - even a very simple one with one control from the toolbox, the browser begins to launch but never does.<BR>Any suggestions??

David Milner Guest

Default RE: view in browser problem with asp page & visual interdev

When the browser comes up, view source on the blank page. There is likely an error message that you are not seeing.

Judy Lenart Guest

The browser never actually launches or is launching and then stops running. I see the splash screen for IE4.0 and then nothing. There is no browser running at all. For the HTML pages, the browser launches fine and displays mu page.

prash Guest

Reply:-<BR>Please check your PWS setting in the administration of the PWS.<BR>Sometimes if the execute write is not given your asp projects won&#039t be executed .

prash Guest

Reply:-<BR>Please check your PWS setting in the administration of the PWS.<BR>Sometimes if the execute write is not given your asp projects won&#039t be executed .<BR>Please contact me if still it&#039s not working at<BR>prashant_tawade@hotmail.com