Thread: Opinions/Information

Default Opinions/Information

Hi everyone, I know this is is a database type question, but I wanted the opinions of the programmers using them, and this board gets the most action.<BR><BR>I program using asp and Access 2000, I&#039;ve never used anything else. I hear a lot of different comments about which databases to use, not to use, etc. etc. Access seems to get slammed a lot, but I&#039;m curious as to what the limitations are when using an Access db when developing a larger project? Like what kind of performance issues are there really, and at what sizes/traffic? <BR><BR>All opinions are welcome, if anyone has a link to a site which has unbias comparison information about different databases I&#039;d really appreciate if you would post it.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default Bottom line is this

Access is designed for single user desktop applications. For that it works very well although MS Sql Server Deskop Engine (free) is much better.<BR><BR>http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20021110.asp<BR><BR>Access does not typically perform at optimum levels above and beyond 10-20 simultaneous connections especially when communicated over shared drives.