CDO email doesn't work

Thread: CDO email doesn't work

Tony G Guest

Default CDO email doesn't work

Has anyone successfully used the CDO to send email. Here is a sample of my code, it doesn&#039t give me any errors, it just doesn&#039t do anything. Any help would be great<BR><BR>CODE:<BR>---------------<BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> &#039The header/footer for the email.<BR> Const strHeader = "Requested Data Query"<BR> Const strFooter = "Have a nice day!"<BR><BR> &#039Send the email<BR> Dim objCDO<BR> Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> objCDO.To = "tony.goodman@wpafb.af.mil"<BR> objCDO.From = "tony.goodman@wpafb.af.mil"<BR> objCDO.Subject = "ASP Mail Test"<BR> objCDO.Body = "Email Test!"<BR> objCDO.Send<BR> <BR> Set objCDO = Nothing %&#062;

Default RE: CDO email doesn't work

I beleive that CDO will only work on the server not a workstation, so if you are testing it on a workstation, it won&#039t work.

Tony G Guest

The page is posted on a NT Server with Option Pack 4 installed--including the SMTP

Check C:INETPUBMAILROOTQUEUE, or where ever your mail queue is at. You&#039ll probably find those emails you sent sitting there. I&#039d wager that your server isn&#039t set up to be an SMTP server. Do you have such a server there at work? If so, say its machine name is BOB. What you&#039d do is go to SMTP Service properties (via the Internet Service Manager (Start/Programs/NT Option Pack 4/Micrsoft internet Information Server, right click on SMTP Service). Go to the Delivery tab and enter the name of your SMTP Server where it says: "SMARTHOST"<BR><BR>Let me know if this helps! :)

Nathan Pond Guest

What exactly do we enter there?<BR><BR>Nathan

Justin Wong Guest

I don&#039t know if this will help, but I had the same problem, and was told by someone in another newsgroup that CDO only works with NT server because it needs a mail server in order for it to work. I was working with Windows 98&#039s PWS, which doesn&#039t have a mail server, so CDO didn&#039t work for me.

Tony G Guest

Scott,<BR>I tried your fix and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.<BR><BR>Tony

Tony:<BR><BR>The only suggestion I have is to make sure you have your CDONTS.DLL file loaded on your NT Server. I have tried getting this to run on NT Workstation and had no luck. If you are running NT Server with IIS you should not have a problem.<BR><BR>Good Luck