I want to declare each of the records as a variable when the sql statement executes (there will be only one record returned from the sql statement). I want to do this because this is running a rather complex form which I want to use for both new records and editing records. Therefore, if I set the values ahead of time, I can default the form values when someone is editing a record and leave them blank for a new record.<BR><BR>Here&#039s what I have so far...this writes out all of the declarations, however I can&#039t seem to find a command that actually sets them as variables. Is there a command to replace the response.write with?<BR><BR><BR>&#060;script LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="SERVER"&#062;<BR>Function GetTheFields(strField)<BR> strFieldName = strField<BR> strFieldValue = rsitem(strFieldName)<BR> strDeclaration = strFieldName & " = " & strFieldValue<BR> response.write strDeclaration & ", "<BR>End Function<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;!--Include Database connection--&#062;<BR>&#060;!--Include Sql statement--&#062;<BR>&#060;!--Include recordset statement(rsitem)--&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR> For Each Item in rsitem.Fields<BR> strField = Item.Name<BR> GetTheFields(strField)<BR> Next<BR>%&#062;