Thread: SHTML and SSIs on IIS

Default SHTML and SSIs on IIS

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;m having trouble getting shtml files to be recognised under IIS. I need to use SSI, but can&#039;t do it with asp. I&#039;ve made sure the extension is enabled, and even specified all verbs as OK. The local path has script source access, and all file permissions seem to be correct. <BR><BR>I need to emulate an apache server, just in relation to SSI, to do some simple HTML development. I&#039;ve rerely used shtml and SSIs OUTSIDE of ASP... This is driving me crazy!!<BR><BR>I&#039;m doing it on IIS6, the .net 2000 server, RC2. I wouldn&#039;t think that makes much of a difference, but who knows.<BR><BR>What am I doing wrong???<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default RE: SHTML and SSIs on IIS

can&#039;t tell what you&#039;re doing wrong from this post - here&#039;s a stab in the dark :<BR><BR>IIS tends to be fussier than apache about the exact tag syntax.<BR><BR>under apache you can do something like this<BR><BR>&#060;!-- # include virtual="" --&#062;<BR><BR>under IIS you need to tighten things up<BR><BR>&#060;!--#include virtual=""--&#062;<BR><BR>