All,<BR><BR>I understand that it&#039;s possible to use vbscript/ASP to <BR>dynamically create an excel file for display in the user&#039;s <BR>browser. While this method works great for some things, <BR>it&#039;s very limited - the ASP code required to produce a <BR>very lengthy, detailed, highly formatted Excel file is <BR>ridiculous.<BR><BR>What I&#039;d like to do instead is to create the file in Excel <BR>with all the formatting, graphs, charts, etc., in place, <BR>and then save that file on my web server as a "template." <BR>When the time comes to present that file, I&#039;d just like to <BR>pass the handful of variables to the Excel file, have it <BR>update automatically, and display in the browser.<BR><BR>For example (I know this doesn&#039;t work) I&#039;m trying to do <BR>something like pass variables in a querystring.<BR><BR>For example, let&#039;s say the Excel file had three named <BR>fields in in: "a", "b", and "c". You would access the <BR>template file through your browser this way:<BR><BR>""<BR><BR>Excel would read the variables from the querystring, place <BR>them into the named ranges, update, and the results would <BR>appear in the browser.<BR><BR>As i mentioned, this doesn&#039;t work, but it should give you <BR>an idea of what i&#039;m trying to do.<BR><BR>Or, looking at it another way, i&#039;d like a user to be able <BR>to enter a few values on a form; when submitted, the ASP <BR>would query a database, retrieve a few values from a DB, <BR>and then present the results in the form of an Excel <BR>spreadsheet in the browser. Rather than create the entire <BR>sheet dynamically, i&#039;d like to have the ASP pass those <BR>values to a template Excel file on the server, and have <BR>the file updated with dynamic data appear in the browser.<BR><BR>Any advice or insight is much appreciated!<BR><BR>Cheers!<BR>