Reading data from a grid in an ASP Page

Thread: Reading data from a grid in an ASP Page

Anup Nair Guest

Default Reading data from a grid in an ASP Page

I have a grid at the client and also have a few rows.I need to read all the rows in my ASP Script, using Request.How is this possible???<BR><BR>Thanks in Advance<BR>Anup

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Reading data from a grid in an ASP Page

Unless the information in the grid is in a form of some sort you can&#039t read it in with ASP. What you can do if it isn&#039t a form, is set a hidden form element to each of the things you need to store, then submit that form (of all hidden values) to the ASP script and use Request.Form or Request.QueryString to retrieve them.<BR><BR>Let me know if I was unclear or you have any more questions. Hope I helped!!<BR><BR>Nathan Pond

Anup Nair Guest

Thanks Nathan.But that will not solve my problem. The user will be adding n No of rows at the client and then click the submit button.How can I read all tyhe rows from the client in an ASP Script? Basically how can a client send a set of data from a single source(Grid) to the server?<BR><BR>if you have any other ideas, please let me know.<BR>Anyhow thanks for the immediate feedback!!!<BR><BR>Anup

Nathan Pond Guest

How exactly are you storing the data on the client side? Are you inserting them into a listbox? If you could give me the url to your page and I&#039ll check it out, I don&#039t understand how your client side page is set up. Let me know..<BR><BR>Nathan

Anup Nair Guest

I have a grid on a page.I have 20 rows in the grid.I want to access all the 20 rows in a ASP Script.If I post/submit my HTML Page(with the grid), I can get the value of the selected col of the grid with Request , but not all the 20 rows.Any Ideas???<BR><BR>I cannot give the url, since I am working on an Intranet Application.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Anup<BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

When you say grid, do you mean HTML select box?<BR><BR>Nathan

Anup Nair Guest

By Grid I mean the Microsoft Flexgrid(ActiveX Control)!<BR><BR>Anup

Nathan Pond Guest

Oh, I&#039m afraid I know nothing about that. I&#039m sorry.<BR><BR>Nathan

Hey Anup,if you say u can get the values of the selected cols then what you can do is use the RowSelAnd Cosel properties of MSflexgrid and select all the rows and cols when the users clicks the submit button and then submit,<BR>This is only solution i could think of<BR><BR>vipul