Hi All,<BR><BR> I am trying to read an Excel File through OLEDB and treating the excel file as a database table. I am getting the following error when I try to read a cell that is empty.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80040E21)<BR>Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.<BR><BR>The code that I have is given below :<BR><BR>Dim EXMRPConnection<BR>Set EXMRPConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>EXMRPCo nnection.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR> "Data Source=" & ImportFileName & ";" & _<BR> "Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=YES;"""<BR>Dim ImportRS<BR>Set ImportRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>ImportRS .Open "Select * from [import$]", EXMRPConnection<BR>Dim Qty<BR>Qty = ImportRS.Fields(3).Value<BR><BR>If the value in column 3 then the error is genearted, if there is any value even zero then the code is successful. Any help would be great. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Shobhana