Certainly Better

Thread: Certainly Better

Default Certainly Better

...Here is the result (continued):<BR>If blnNew = False Then<BR> Dim Conn, rsInfo, strSQL, rsUsers2<BR> Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> Conn.Open strConnect<BR> <BR><BR> strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblUser WHERE UserID = " & Request.QueryString("Edit")<BR> strSQL2 = "SELECT WantShare, IsPaid FROM tblReservation"<BR> Set rsInfo = Conn.Execute(strSQL)<BR> Set rsUsers2 = Conn.Execute(strSQL2)<BR> End If<BR>As to:<BR>"I even have to wonder if you need/want *two* recordsets, instead of doing a JOIN of the two tables. ..."<BR>I did try that. Actually I have a Query in an Access database that I tried to run. It went something like this:<BR>Dim objCmd, objRS<BR>objCmd.ActiveConnection = strConnect<BR>objCmd.CommandText = "qWantShare"<BR>objCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR>Set objRS = objCmd.Execute<BR>Am I on more of a "wrong" track here? Thanks

Default Access queries...

...can usually be executed much simpler:<BR><BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en strConnect<BR>Conn.Execute "EXEC qWantShare"<BR><BR>If the query returns a recordset, then simply<BR><BR>Set RS = Conn.Execute("EXEC qWantShare")<BR><BR><BR>