Excel Charts in webpage

Thread: Excel Charts in webpage

Default Excel Charts in webpage

At the bottom of this post is some code that I use to display graphs in a web page. The data comes from a database, but I have removed the ASP coding for simplicity. I borrowed pieces of this code from somebody else, so I am not familiar with all the proper terminology for setting Options. I need to be able to adjust more of the Options than are currently displayed below. Below I have Title, Legends, and Scalings, but there are others I need. Specifically my real data has about 500 data points, and the default is to attempt to display all 500 labels on the X-axis. It obviously becomes unreadable because it is so squished. I wanted to know if anybody knew the options for adjusting this. If there is any documentation of what all the proper terminology should be I would appreciate knowing where I could get my hands on it. <BR><BR>Also, if I am using a really poor method for displaying detailed charts and there is a better way please let me know. Thanks.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;object id=ChartSpace1 classid=CLSID:0002E500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 style="width:950;height:495"&#062;&#060;/object&#062; <BR><BR><BR>&#060;script language=vbscript&#062;<BR><BR>Dim oChart1<BR>ChartSpace1.Clear<BR>ChartSpace1.Refres h<BR>Set oChart1 = ChartSpace1.Charts.Add <BR><BR>dim c<BR>set c = ChartSpace1.Constants <BR>dim xValues<BR>dim yValues<BR><BR>xValues = Array(1,2,3,4)<BR>yValues = Array(2,4,6,8)<BR><BR>With oChart1.SeriesCollection.Add<BR>.Caption = "Historic Inventory"<BR>.SetData c.chDimCategories, c.chDataLiteral, xValues<BR>.SetData c.chDimValues, c.chDataLiteral, yValues<BR>End With<BR><BR>oChart1.Scalings(c.chDimValues).Minimu m = 0<BR>ChartSpace1.Charts(0).HasLegend = False<BR>oChart1.HasTitle = True<BR>oChart1.Title.Caption = "Historic Inventory <BR><BR>oChart1.Axes(c.chAxisPositionLeft).MajorUn it = 25000<BR>ChartSpace1.Charts(0).HasLegend = True<BR><BR>&#060;/script&#062;

Default You might start here...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/owcvba10/html/octocChartWorkspaceObjectModel.asp<BR><BR>and maybe here:<BR><BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/owcvba10/html/ochowchartexamples.asp<BR><BR>