Thread: CDONTS Errors

Default CDONTS Errors

I am trying to mail form results using ASP. I have used the following code(as specified in an article). But I get this error <BR><BR>we are ok so far <BR>error &#039;80090020&#039; <BR>An internal error occurred. <BR>/test/test.asp, line 21 <BR><BR>With Line 21 being "objCDO.Send". This implies that I have no problems in creating a Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") type object. But I run into problems when I try to send. <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objCDO<BR>Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objCDO.To = ""<BR>objCDO.From = ""<BR><BR>Dim txtSubject<BR>txtSubject = "Test Subject"<BR><BR>objCDO.Subject = "TEST TEST"<BR>objCDO.Body = txtSubject<BR>Response.write("we are ok so far")<BR>objCDO.Send<BR>Response.write("after send")<BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>Can you tell me what is wrong ?

Default RE: CDONTS Errors

You may be running into issues that your network will not allow you to send relay email from the machine you are testing on. If that is the case you will need to install IIS on that box and use the SMTP service to get it to work.