Forcing Download Stops Frames working

Thread: Forcing Download Stops Frames working

Default Forcing Download Stops Frames working

Hi there,<BR><BR>I have a frameset which contains 2 pages.<BR><BR>The left one has a series of links on it which open pages in the right frame.<BR><BR>One of the pages to be loaded into the right frame requests a page which is forcibly downloaded by setting the page headers as so...<BR><BR>Response.ContentType = "application/download"<BR>Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=newfile.swf")<BR><BR>This brings up a file download box. If you click &#039;cancel&#039; then everything is ok but if you do actually download the file then the menu links in the left frame stop working altogether.<BR><BR>You can get the system to start working again if you request the download once again but this time cancel out of the dialog!<BR><BR>Well there you go!<BR><BR>Can I still keep my frames? Even the file download goes wrong sometimes, the browser decides to instead format the contents of the file to the web page.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>I.

Default Why not... the download in a popup window? That *surely* couldn&#039;t affect the actions in the original window. After the download is done, you close the window.<BR><BR>