User submitted form-preview, post and write to DB.

Thread: User submitted form-preview, post and write to DB.

Default User submitted form-preview, post and write to DB.

Hello one and all,<BR>I&#039;m putting together a user submitted review for my website. Basically I know how it&#039;s supposed to work, but knowing and doing are two different things. I have created the Blank Form page for the user to fill out, when they hit the preview button I want to display the information in a completed form, the way I want to set it up, not how they filled in the information.<BR><BR>Second, I want them to be able to post the information directly to my website and the address of the new review must get written to my table that contains the reviews I have uploaded. Is this going to be a "backend" type of situation or can I do it more simply? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default RE: User submitted form-preview, post and write to

What part are you having trouble with?? Retrieving the values back from the form?? or inserting the data?

I can insert the form on the user submission page, I don&#039;t know how to "preview" it for the user using the format that I want, and then allowing them to write the new review page to my DB, plsu post it to the website.

On the asp page that the form gets posted to, simply request back the form values:<BR><BR>example:<BR><BR>This form on page1:<BR>&#060;form name="somename" action="page2.asp" method="post"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="firstName" size="25"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR><BR>On page2, request back the values..<BR><BR>strFirstName = Request.Form("firstname")<BR><BR><BR>There is a really good frequently asked questions section (in the upper right). THere are sections there that show how to retrieve for elements and how to work with databases in ASP.<BR><BR>I recommend reading it.<BR>