How do I create a login page that's verified by NT's Group Permissions

Thread: How do I create a login page that's verified by NT's Group Permissions

Paul Fox Guest

Default How do I create a login page that's verified by NT's Group Permissions

Still a beginner to ASP. How can I create a login page that<BR>verifies the user against an NT Permissions Group (The group is setup in &#039User Manager for Domains&#039). This way I can have the users list managed within NT and not a seperate database or hard coded in the page.

Default RE: How do I create a login page that's verified by NT's Group Permissions

You can not do it without a third party product (several companies make one), you do not have to put it on the page though. You can also put your usernames and passwords into a database and verify them that way.

Ian Stallings Guest

Default umm

This is not entirely correct. You can use ADSI<BR>from Microsoft to do this. It&#039s a free download<BR>for IIS 4 and will be included in IIS 5. <BR><BR>I don&#039t want to get to detailed here so I would recommend<BR>checking out http://msdn.microsoft.com for info on ADSI.<BR>There are some great articles on authentication under the<BR>web workshop section (servin it up)<BR><BR>hope this helps.<BR>