display value using response.write

Thread: display value using response.write

Anamika Guest

Default display value using response.write

How do I display a field value retrieved by a select statement?<BR><BR>for ex:<BR>sqlClipind="select ClipIndex from ClipInfo where Clipname= &#039" & FormClipname & "&#039;"<BR><BR> set rsClipind=server.createobject("ADODB.recordset")<B R> rsClipind.open sqlClipind,db<BR> while not rsClipind.EOF<BR> response.flush rsClipind("ClipIndex")<BR> Response.Write("hi")<BR> rsClipind.MoveNext<BR> wend<BR> response.flush rsClipind("ClipIndex")<BR><BR>inside the while loop the response.write doesn&#039t work because<BR>rhe current record is not the one which satisfies the "where condition".<BR><BR>Outside the while loop it has already reached the EOF<BR><BR>Can somebody please help?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>

Default RE: display value using response.write

you have your sql statement looking good, I assume you already have your connection information set so basically you have your code there but a little mixed up.<BR>Simply put this<BR>I am assuming you named your recordset objRS<BR>response.write objRS("ClipIndex")<BR><BR>and that is it.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR>

Anamika Guest

Default RE: display value using response.write

Thanks for the help