Checking Links

Thread: Checking Links

Default Checking Links

I have this webpage that contains a number of different documents that can be either created, edited, or viewed. The Links are create, edit, and view. Basically I want to be able to use the same form for all the documents, meaning if I click "create" I want the form to display as blank, if I click edit, the same form will appear with data in the from already, and if I click view, the exact same form appears as a read only. So it doens&#039;t matter which link I pick, I want to be able to use the exact same page that contains the document. My question is how can I test to see which link was clicked and show the document as being blank, editable, or read-only. If this isn&#039;t enough information, I can give you more.<BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Jared

Default Easy enough...

If you are using &#060;A HREF&#062; links, then just tack an extra parameter onto the end:<BR> &#060;A HREF="createReadEdit.asp?mode=Create"&#062; ...<BR> &#060;A HREF="createReadEdit.asp?mode=Read"&#062; ...<BR> &#060;A HREF="createReadEdit.asp?mode=Edit"&#062; ...<BR>and then do<BR> If Request("mode") = "Create" Then ...<BR>in your ASP page.<BR><BR>If you are using &#060;FORM&#062; submit buttons, instead, then:<BR> &#060;INPUT Type=Submit Name="mode" Value="Create"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type=Submit Name="mode" Value="Edit"&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT Type=Submit Name="mode" Value="Read"&#062;<BR>and you use identicaly the same<BR> If Request("mode") = "Create" Then ...<BR><BR>*********<BR><BR>This is really a pretty basic question, so might I suggest that next time you post such questions in the ASP Q&A board instead of in the "Advanced" forum?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> next time, post basic question