ASP Pages

Thread: ASP Pages

Default ASP Pages

Hi, <BR><BR>I have a PC that for some reason wont run an asp page from a server. I have a nice and simple piece of code :<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Write "Tim"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>The error I am recieving is &#039;Page cannot be displayed - Error Type: Microsoft VBScript compilation (0x800A0400) Expected statement /test/document.asp, line 3 par&#039;<BR><BR>I copyed the file to my machine and found: &#039;{
    tf1ansiansicpg1252deff0deflang1033{fonttbl{f0fnilf charset0 Courier New;}{f1fswissfcharset0 Arial;}}<BR>viewkind4uc1pardf0fs20 &#060;% @LANGUAGE = "VBSCRIPT"%&#062;par<BR>&#060;%par<BR> ab response.write("Tim")par<BR>%&#062;par<BR>f1par<BR >}&#039;<BR><BR>Also I am revieving an - A run time error has occured Do you wish to debug, Line 6 Error object required &#039;response&#039;<BR><BR>Additional this pc does notascociate the asp file to any application ( as in the icon of the file is the white wavey paper with the windows picture on it)<BR><BR>PLEASE EXPLAIN.<BR><BR>

Default text editor

just use a simple text editor to create your asp page.<BR>The error is complaining about the paragraph tags that you copied over... remove the /par, /tab and other junk and you should be ok.<BR><BR>Download a good text editor.... there many good ones online....

Default RE: text editor

if that doesn&#039;t work I know the first few times I installed PWS it wouldn&#039;t load the asp stuff.On iis I haven&#039;t had that problem but a server reload might fix it...