Error connecting when uploading to server

Thread: Error connecting when uploading to server

Default Error connecting when uploading to server

I&#039;m getting the following error when I try to load one of my ASP pages while I&#039;m uploading the database to the server. The connection code I&#039;m using is below the error. I was told I should use an OLE DB connection instead, but I can&#039;t figure out what the code would be. Thanks for any help.<BR><BR>Error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR><BR>/baseball/rankmemrank.asp, line 409<BR><BR>Code:<BR><BR>Set connection=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>connection.Open "DSN=baseball"<BR><BR>SQLbatter = "SELECT * FROM stats929"<BR> <BR>Set objCommand = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR>objCommand .ActiveConnection = connection<BR>objCommand.CommandText = SQLbatter<BR>objCommand.CommandType = adCmdText<BR><BR>Set rsbatter = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsbatter .Open objCommand,,adOpenForwardOnly, adLockOptimistic<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Error connecting when uploading to server

You are getting this error because either the file is actually in use by another process (the FTP server), or the file is not complete because it is in the process of being uploaded. I don&#039;t think using an OLE DB connection is going to solve this problem. You may just need to put in some error handling for this situation if you upload the database a lot.<BR><BR>You could probably lessen the time that your site is down by uploading it to the server with a different file name, and then when the file is completely uploaded rename it to the correct file name. This should be faster than waiting the entire time for the file to upload.<BR><BR>I am not an expert with using Access on the web however, it has been 3 or 4 years since I have even used Access in an application, so there may be another way around this that I don&#039;t know of.