Can't Get ASP.NET Started

Thread: Can't Get ASP.NET Started

Default Can't Get ASP.NET Started

I'm new to and am trying to get started. I've got a Windows 2000 Advanced Server machine running as a PDC. I've installed the .NET Framework SDK. I tried to run a simple sample file as well as examples from Sams's Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days and cannot get them to run. I'm trying to attach to an Access 2002 database. Internet Explorer says "Server Spplication Unavailable". Also, in the application log in Event Viewer I constantly get the error messages "aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the failure: 80004005" and "aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid." I assume the problems are related, but I'm getting frustrated in finding documentation that explains what to do. I'm sure this is a simple configuration problem, but I don't know hw to get started. The progrsamming itself seems pretty straight forward. I'd appreciate any hep to get over this hurdle so I can start writing the application I need to get done. Can anyone tell me what to do or where to look for instructions.

Default RE: Can't Get ASP.NET Started

Unfortunately, this is a known and common problem on DCs. <BR><BR>This KB article should get you sorted.<BR>