PROBLEMS WITH DSN LESS CONNECTION

Thread: PROBLEMS WITH DSN LESS CONNECTION

Marco ooreman Guest

Default PROBLEMS WITH DSN LESS CONNECTION

I&#039am still having trouble with the DSN less connection. When I use:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR >objConn.ConnectionString="DBQ=c:inetpubwwwrootsup ersupermarktorderdbsuper.mdb;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}"<BR>objConn.Open<BR><BR>everything works fine.<BR><BR>I have however got a local webserver named. How do I convert the path of the database to the one on my local webserver. I&#039ve tried everything, but nothing seems to work.<BR><BR>Also when I use:<BR><BR><BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR >objConn.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet. OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=c:inetpubwwwrootsupersupermarktorderdbsuper .mdb"<BR>objConn.Open<BR><BR>I get:<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR>ADO could not find the specified provider<BR><BR><BR>Please advice.<BR><BR>BR<BR><BR>Marco Kooreman

solution Guest

Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH DSN LESS CONNECTION

Try Server.MapPath("/")... this will map to your virtual root drive and then the path where the database is stored.<BR><BR>