Extremely Stupid ASP Question

Thread: Extremely Stupid ASP Question

Default Extremely Stupid ASP Question

I have NT 4.0 and IIS with service pack 5. I used FrontPage 2000 and created a form for submitting information into an Access Database. I can only save the page as an ASP file, but when I try to view the ASP file in my web browser I only see source code.

Default RE: Extremely Stupid ASP Question

You must be viewing the file through "File" of the browser button, at the top left corner of the browser. You should go via your url and then view your file there.<BR>Hope this helps<BR>Arvind

You are using IIS3 you need to get the option pack and install IIS4, I had this problem! IIS3 does not support ASP pages so the code becomes visable! <BR><BR>

Jason Guest

Actually, this is a fairly common mistake. If you are familiar with viewing HTML documents by opening the file with the UNC path, ASP will be frustrating. Because ASP is designed to run on the server and be interpreted first by the web server, you will not see the HTML you are expecting when viewing the file by the UNC path. To view ASP correctly access the file through your web server, "http:\myservermywebmyaspfile.asp". Then, it will render the HTML you are expecting.

lincolntc Guest

All you have to do is access the file using the http://yourservername/youraspfile.asp.<BR><BR>Or, you can write an html file that calls the asp page. Eihter way the file will load without displaying the code.

Default IIS 4 and the option pack

I downloaded option pack 4.0 from microsoft.com and when I installed I received a prompt saying this hasn&#039t been tested on NT w/Service pack 4 and up. I have Service Pack 5. Is there a newer version? Do you have Service Pack 5 AND Option Pack 4 installed?

Default RE: IIS 4 and the option pack

I (like many others) run NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 4 with Option Pack. No problem, disregard the message.<BR><BR>stevang@mail.com

Default Uninstalling Service Pack 5

I spoke with an MCT at the college who said I need to uninstall service pack five, install the option pack, and then reinstall the service pack. If I don&#039t I get this error message that says my ODBC driver manager doesn&#039t match my ODBC dll files.