reading record!!!

Thread: reading record!!!

SOS!!!! Guest

Default reading record!!!

i got a few page to show my recaord page resutl, and each page wil show 20 records. therefore teh first asp page will stop reading database at record position 20. now my problem is how to cache the record counting when i click on the next page, i want to asp start reading teh record from 21 till 40, my coding below will start reading from teh first till the end, so, it seem like a bit slow when viewing the page.<BR><BR>how to improve asp performance when executing sql statement?<BR><BR><BR>PART A(first page)<BR>_------------------<BR><BR>objRst.recordcount &#062; 0 then<BR>Do while objRst.eof=false<BR>if objRst.AbsolutePosition &#060;= 20 then <BR> <BR>&#039execute sth<BR><BR>end if<BR>objrst.movenext<BR>loop<BR>end if<BR><BR><BR>part B (second Page)<BR>--------------------<BR><BR>objRst.recordcount &#062; 0 then<BR>Do while objRst.eof=false<BR>if objRst.AbsolutePosition &#062;20 and objRs.absoluteposition &#060;40 then <BR> <BR>&#039execute sth<BR><BR>end if<BR>objRst.movenext<BR>loop<BR>end if<BR>

Default RE: reading record!!!

go to and download the recordpaging example that would be much easier that what you are attempting