ASP 0177 Invalid Class String

Thread: ASP 0177 Invalid Class String

Default ASP 0177 Invalid Class String

Hi,<BR><BR>I have the following piece of code<BR><BR>&#039;Database Connection Script<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>ConnStr ing = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("M0.mdb")<BR>objConn.Open ConnString<BR><BR>Now I call this script from another file and I seem to be getting the following error when trying to view the page which calls this script<BR><BR>Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)<BR>Invalid class string<BR><BR>My pc is running XP Pro with IIS5 and tonight I installed MDAC 2.7 to see if that would cure it.<BR><BR>Looking on the net, this problem is common with CDONTS but the page isn&#039;t calling anything like that, it&#039;s having a problem with the creating the db connection.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Darren

Default Check the registry... be sure that your MDAC install really worked.<BR><BR>Use "regedit" to "FIND" the "ADODB.Connection" key. Figure out what the "InProcServer32" is for ADODB.Connection and double check to make sure that the DLL is really installed where the registry thinks it is. (You may have to FIND NEXT a couple of times to reach the registry entry with the InProcServer entry.)<BR><BR>