Attent. Mr. Stephen Fisher and all ASP masters....

Thread: Attent. Mr. Stephen Fisher and all ASP masters....

S.S. Gautam Guest

Default Attent. Mr. Stephen Fisher and all ASP masters....

Hello Stephen Fisher and all.<BR>Mr. Fisher you told me on 9th July How to add item to an already built list box and it worked very fine.<BR>Now I want to access the various properties of list box specially SelectedIndex after the form is submitted i.e. through Request.Form("ListBox").SelectedIndex<BR>How can I do this as before form submission I can easilly do this i.e. form.ListBox.SelectedIndex.<BR>Moreover can I access all the properties of List Box with the help of Request object or I have access to only few of the properties.<BR><BR>Reply ASAP as I am stuck.<BR>Sham Sunder Gautam<BR>

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: Attent. Mr. Stephen Fisher and all ASP masters....

You cannot access any elements of the select box other than what was selected in the ASP. The form has already been submitted, and only the information chosen is submitted to the ASP script. Even if you hade a multiple select listbox, the values would not be passed in an array, but in one long string.<BR><BR>If you let me know what you are trying to do, I might be able to help you come up with an idea to accomplish it. Let me know.<BR><BR>Nathan