How to open an excel application?

Thread: How to open an excel application?

Default How to open an excel application?

Requirement is to open an excel application at the client side<BR>and populate data onto that and allow the client to preview,save,print the data.<BR><BR>With help of an activeX object(OWC component) i am able to accomplish the above task.But every time i click on any of the links i.e..print or preview or save a pop up is displayed , <BR>"An activeX Control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?" <BR>The requirement is such that the client should neither get this confirmation message nor can he change the settings in the security tab of IE. i.e the option in the security tab <BR>"Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe " should be set to "Disable ", he can&#039;t change the settings to "prompt" either.<BR><BR>Can you let me know how i can proceed with this. Any suggestions or ideas are also welcome.

Default RE: How to open an excel application?

If this is for anything other than an intranet(even then you will have some difficulty), I really don&#039;t see how you can realistically control your client&#039;s security settings. <BR><BR>I think the best you can do here is to give them information in your FAQ section and/or help section as to what this means and how to resolve it.<BR><BR>Pete