access to sql server 7

Thread: access to sql server 7

Default access to sql server 7

hey, guys<BR>we just switched from access to sql server 7 and nothing is working. do i have to change the ADO connection:?<BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en "d_b"<BR>thank you very much in advance

Sumithra Gopalan Guest

Default RE: access to sql server 7

No, you use the same code for connection. Check<BR>.1. If your database needs a userid and password.<BR> if it does, you need to include that also along with your Conn.Open "d_b" statement. The code for that will be:<BR> Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> dim cstrings, dsn, uid, pwd<BR> dsn="yourDSNname"<BR> uid="userid"<BR> pwd="password"<BR> cstrings="DSN=" &dsn & ";UID=" &uid &"; PWD=" &pwd<BR> cstrings<BR> Set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> mySQL="select * from tablename"<BR> mySQL, conn, 3, 3<BR>.2. Make sure your DSN is connected to the SQL Server database and that you give this DSN name in your open connection string and not the MS-Access DSN name.<BR>.3. Make sure that your tables in the SQLServer database are identical to the MS-Access database.<BR><BR>I migrated from MS-Access to Sybase, so I know these things needed to be considered.<BR><BR>HTH!<BR><BR>Sumithra<BR><BR>

Default thank you very much, it works