Remote DB * Is this possible *

Thread: Remote DB * Is this possible *

Default Remote DB * Is this possible *

Is it possible that I can have web page on one site write to a database on another site through ASP. I have been trying to connect to a Database on another site I have as an experiment but can&#039;t seem to get it to work - I keep getting: <BR><BR>General error Unable to open registry key &#039;Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x874 Thread 0x954 DBC 0x8751024 Jet&#039;. <BR>/test/DatabaseConnect.asp, line 7 <BR><BR>Is it possible and if so how? I basically want to be able to see if I can write info to a database on one site and then rewrite the info to another DB on another site. I wondered if an include form the other site would be a way around it to write to the second db or a redirect?<BR><BR>Any thoughts?<BR><BR>Lloyd<BR>

Default RE: Remote DB * Is this possible *

The only way you can do this is to map a drive to the other server, and then connect to the DB via the Mapped drive (I&#039;m assuming access). Otherwise, all your asp files would need to be on the server that hosts the database.<BR><BR>

Default It's easy using SQL Server

obviously. But to mimic that in Access you&#039;d need to use Access replication, which is a bit horrid.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t think your include file idea would work (though I&#039;m not quite sure what you meant) so probably your best bet is a redirect to a page on the other sevrer, with the data in the querystring. Alternatively you could put the data in hidden fields and submit to the other server using javascript.<BR><BR>Obviously this will only work if your other server is a web server running ASP.<BR>