Security on online application

Thread: Security on online application

Default Security on online application

I'm sure this is a common question, but I don't know where to find the answer. I have online application up and running, but I found a big hole is people could go to the directory, instead of, and read all of my file. I have index.asp and process.asp in my directory, people can go to the directory and click on process.asp, and it will automatically add a empty application to the database. How can I ignore this happened and what can I do to increase the security of my application (Or any sites that you recommend.)? Thanks for your time! Appreciated for any comments!!!

Default Who is hosting your site?

If you are hosting it on your own machine, what operating system are you running? What web server?<BR><BR>Anyway, the solution is pretty simple. Somewhere in the controls for your site there will be a checkbox labeled "allow directory browsing". You want to turn that checkbox *OFF*.<BR><BR>It should be off by default, so you probably changed it at some point in time to make it easier for you to do developlment.<BR><BR>Of course, if you are hosted on somebody else&#039;s computer, then you&#039;ll have to ask them to turn off the directory browsing.<BR><BR>Poke around in the controls for your webserver if it&#039;s on your machine. If you can&#039;t find it--and if you are running IIS on XP or Win2000--then ask again and we can tell you specifically where it is.<BR><BR>(Well, even if you are using PWS on Win95, somebody here can probably tell you.)<BR><BR>