I have a datagrid, which displays product description and qty available from a database(productID is the primary key). The user is supposed to enter qty purchased for a particular product in a textbox(the textboxes are generated dynamically as I have put them in the itemtemplate and in the editItemtemplate of the datagrid. I want the users to enter the qty purchased for as many products they want and click the "submit" button to go add the qty purchased into a database table. <BR><BR>Since I want users to enter for as many products they want, I have not used the edit,update cancel command which comes with the datagrid(if I used that then the user has to click the edit button everytime near a particular product so that he can enter the qty he wishes to purchase). How do I identify each text box now so that it can go and update in the database accordingly(every product has a unique productID)<BR><BR><BR>these are the only parts of the code I have written till now - yes the datagrind is also formatted in desgin time<BR><BR> Public Function getdataset() As DataSet<BR> Dim sql As String<BR><BR> &#039;GIVING THE BELOW STATEMENT SO THAT YOU CAN KNOW THE COLUMNS AVAILABLE IN THE TABLE<BR> &#039;sql = "SELECT id,description,price,qtypur,qtyavail FROM inventory"<BR> &#039;Dim cmd As New SqlClient.SqlCommand(sql, cnsample)<BR><BR> dasample.Fill(Dssample1, "inventory")<BR> cnsample.Close()<BR> Return Dssample1<BR> End Function<BR><BR> Public Sub bindgrid(ByVal ds As DataSet)<BR> DataGrid1.DataSource = ds.Tables("inventory")<BR> DataBind()<BR> End Sub<BR><BR>Thanks a lot.<BR><BR>Gayathri