ODBC Connectivity

Thread: ODBC Connectivity

ColinR Guest

Default ODBC Connectivity

I have an ODBC problem with connprops.asp on P.413.<BR><BR>I have:<BR><BR>Loaded the inc file "Datastore.inc, " Contact.mdb" and "connprops.asp" into the same virtual directory.<BR>Created a System DSN,and the path in ODBC/SystemDSN points to the physical path where Contact.mdb is located.<BR>Successfully created a link to the DSN in the chapter&#039s previous example "Contact.asp"<BR><BR>I have Access 2000 installed on the IIS box.<BR><BR>The errors I get from the IIS 4.0 debugger :<BR><BR>"unterminated string constant"<BR><BR>When I put all of the code in "datastore.inc" on the same line as suggested by the errata page i.e<BR><BR>strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ= D:BackupBegASPColinsConnect.mdb"<BR><BR>I then get the error: [Microsoft Access Driver] File is unknown, cannot be found. <BR><BR>I have tried the suggestions in KB articleQ238971 : Err Msg: OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Error &#039 80004005&#039 to fix permission problems as I initially had an 80004005 error<BR><BR>I have also tried moving all the relevant files for this excersise to a virtual directory under C:InetPub and changed the DSN to point to the new location under Control panel/ODBC to no avail.<BR><BR>Any suggestions ?<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Colin Reed<BR>

Leungas Guest

Default RE: ODBC Connectivity

That error means that file cannot be find...Make sure there is virtual directory that can lead to the DB (or) try to use server.mappath to get the relative path to the DB.