Good Coding Practices

Thread: Good Coding Practices

Default Good Coding Practices

I don't know if there even is an answer to this, but what is considered good and bad coding. I may be doing some bad coding. I have a site that runs fine,until I add some scripts. Sometimes it runs slllllooooooowwww as heck and I feel it's ASP related because it gets slower the more complex it gets. Is there anything I can do to speed things up?

Default RE: Good Coding Practices

It&#039;s very difficult to give some tips if you don&#039;t show some code.<BR><BR>I&#039;m not going to give you a list of all good practices, if you search either MSDN or Google you should find enough on this.<BR><BR>If you have some code from which you suspect it runs too slow post the code here. Also post other relevant stuff like the server and the database you use.

Default Horses for courses

it depends what your site does, how much traffic it gets, how many people need access to the code, what OS you&#039;re hosted under, what language you use, what sort of data you use, which third-party products you use and so on. there&#039;re a few things we _could_ suggest, but they might still be unsuitable for your specific purposes.<BR><BR>btw, I don&#039;t always agree with fixed standards as employed by a number of development companies - each project is different and needs to be judged on its own needs, so fixed &#039;standards&#039; in some ways aren&#039;t the best way.<BR><BR>with more info, we can probably help.